Our Little Guy...
Tonight you lie your little head down a brand spanking new four year old. It's been four years since I could hold your whole body on my shoulder. Amazing how that happens...
It won't be long before you're taking my car keys and asking for gas money, not long at all. But today, today you spontaneously told me, "Mommy, I love you." Today your favorite color is blue. Today Lightning McQueen is your hero. Today there was no music but you danced on the countertop anyway. You made voices for your balloon and had a conversation in the back seat. You hugged your new best friend goodbye at school. Today you pulled your socks as high as they would go "because I'm big now". You buckled yourself into your carseat. Today we read books about cars and jets, because those are your favorites. Today you fell asleep on the couch because you don't take naps anymore and you were exhausted. You lined up 23 cars in the bath tub; I know because you insisted I listen to you count them. Today you were my waiter at the playground and you served me a cheeseburger, fries and a "dolt coke". Today you got mad and told me you'd never play with me again. Today you made me walk behind you because you wanted to be in the lead. You held the door for others today; you waved as strangers drove past you on the sidewalk. Today you picked up rocks to "add to the collection". Today you gobbed too much toothpaste on your toothbrush, insisting you could do it all by yourself. You reminded me at bedtime, as you do every single night, that "after your shower I'm going to go potty and after I go potty I'm going to get a little drink of milk." Today you made sure you had all your favorite animals at bedtime; Clifford, Sally, Sparky and Buster. Today you asked me why I always call you baby...
My baby is what you'll always be.
Happy Birthday, Little Guy.
2 comments:
I love this so much! Happy Birthday, Evan!!
Beautiful! As usual, had me in tears. :)
Post a Comment