Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bubble Trubble...

So Evan and I make the short trek next door to my neighbor's house for a weekly play date. The very day we moved in Shelley came over to introduce herself. She noticed I was wearing an Air Force Academy shirt and asked if I attended...uh, no. Just then Scott walked out and we chatted about him graduating in '98. Her response? Her husband graduated from the Academy in '98! Sadly, Brandon is deployed so we've only met him on Skype! More talking led to learning that her two-year old is only one day older than our two-year old! What are the odds?
Shortly after that we were invited over for playgroup and have been going ever since. The entire group consists of three two-year olds (all with September birthdays!), two four-year-olds, and one newborn. Most days the mommies chat while Shelly spends an inordinate amount of time at the sink making bubbles and pouring them into the play sink outside for the kids to splash around. Watching Evan thoroughly enjoy this, I decided to do the same thing on those days when blocks and Sesame Street just aren't holding his attention anymore!
So, I bought some cheap (and completely awesome) bubble bath, poured it into his extra large bucket that should be used for holding his outside toys, added water and voila - Instant Happiness!
My thanks to you, Shelley, for making the ordinary extraodinary with your great idea!

2 comments:

Erica M. said...

Where's you're update?

Unknown said...

Love the bubble pictures!! Even better is the look of, "what, do I have something on my face?"

Deb :)