Thursday, September 3, 2009

Evan's Alphabet

So for a while now Evan has been very interested in letters. Months ago I started to notice him pointing to various letters in books as we read, signs as we drove by, and even my t-shirts as I held him.

Then came the letter recognition explosion. We recently placed a snap-together mat of all the letters and numbers under his toy area in the corner of the living room. Little by little I started to realize he was actually recognizing and saying the letters...much to my amazement! So, this last week I wanted to see just how many he really knew; he's up to about 14! Of course now that I see his abilities we make a regular game of "playing letters". I am always amazed by how much they soak in and store in their little heads long before they verbalize it!

We're working on numbers, too, although he was bored with the "game" for us to get good video tonight...he's a two-year-old after all.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

Katrina said...

That's sooo awesome! I'm impressed!

Our Family said...

So cute! What a little smarty pants:)

Melissa Beth said...

OOh, that is AWESOME!

So did you ditch the mat outline and holes and keep the bag of letters?!

Great idea!

They are PERFECT for that!