If I don't sit down to write this I'm scared I'll forget and never remember...
This one isn't about funny stories or trivial lessons learned in new mommy land...it's simply to remind me one day how great it felt when I sat at the dinner table and felt two little chubby hands on my knees, those of my baby-turned-toddler who had crawled underneath the table and found my knees as support to stand. It's to remind me how sweet it was (so sweet it brought me to tears on many occasion) when I would talk to Evan on our many outings together while he was still rear-facing in the car seat and, since he couldn't see me, I would reach back to touch his head and he would grab my hand and hold it for minutes at a time.
These two things happened just today and it struck me how, with all of my enthusiasm in Evan reaching all the "big" milestones, it would be so easy for me to forget the small things. Interesting that the "small" things are really so big!
1 comment:
How sweet. What a gift he is...
Post a Comment