Here it is almost mid-March and the goal I had of blogging at least twice a month has easily fallen by the way side. Wayside or way side? Hmmm...
In any event, I have found myself in the throes of full-blown overload. Learning we were moving after only two short years back in Texas feels like it was a lifetime ago...that was in January. While I knew we had better get moving on the "to-do" list, I did also feel like we had the proverbial "plenty of time". I'm not feeling that so much these days. On the short list:
1) Work Monday - Wednesday this week (what tha?)
2) Meet the professional house-staging woman on Thursday (which adds more to the list such as Dust Fans, Vaccuum, Make Sure Dirty Underwear and Socks Are Not In View)
3) Bon Jovi concert that same night (cue the list for the babysitter)
4) Squeeze in a play date on Friday (K, L, M - any takers??)
5) Pick up Scott at airport on Saturday (Hallelujah! Did I mention I've been single-parenting it for a week now?)
6) Date night Saturday night (you know, the day before our free meal coupon expires)
7) Flower bed maintenance on Sunday (buyers and their need for curb appeal - bleh)
8) Prepare for garage sale the following weekend
Add to that the fact that the house has been a virtual disaster since Scott left - something in me reverts back to being a sloppy teenager when he's not looking! - so I feel like I'm constantly picking up here and leaving messes there, never really making any meaningful progress. I mean what am I supposed to do when Evan explains that all 82 Hotwheels must stay in the center of the living room facing a turned-over bucket because "they are watching a movie and it's not done yet"? I'll tell you what I did - I left them right there because I didn't have it in me to start the following day with a pre-schooler melt down over why, WHYYY, his cars were moved.
Oh, and my friend-who-runs-crazy-distances-and-enjoys-it turned me on to logging my food intake. I'm not truly dieting but I thought it might be interesting to actually pay attention to what goes into my mouth, no matter what it is. So I took a stab at it yesterday and well, it's just downright embarassing. The calories weren't terrible per se...but the 87 fat grams - holy cow. I mean I knew a red velvet cupcake, hotdog and Sonic burger weren't great choices but EIGHTY SEVEN fat grams...Let's just say I've been more thoughtful about my choices today and I may have even enjoyed a few apple slices - that's right - FRUIT! I even got all dressed and psyched up for a one hour stair climb session at the gym but - woe is me - the childcare didn't open until one today and, well, that just doesn't work for us so I skipped. And I'm terribly sad about it, too.
Here's hoping for a quick week, even if it does include my teen love, Jon Bon Jovi...
No comments:
Post a Comment