Friday, March 12, 2010

Since when...

Since when did you become so caring of others, running off to get an "ice pack" (really, just grabbing a kitchen towel off the counter and balling it up) and putting it to mommy's nose when I commented that I was not feeling well?

Since when did you become so picky about your corn touching your strawberries on your plate?

Since when did you learn to add sarcasm to your tone?

Since when did you learn phrases like, "Comin' right up!", "What are you doing now?", and
"O-kayyy, Mommy!"

Since when did you decide time out was a better alternative than cleaning up your toys?

Since when did you become so tall you can wash your hands by yourself?

Since when did you learn to pretend; filling cups in the bathtub with water and offering mommy "cake" or hiding in the makeshift fort daddy made and whispering, "I hear a ghost"?

Since when did you start taking off your shoes at the door and putting away your dirty dishes without being asked?

Since when did you decide you're a "big boy" and no longer a baby?

Since when do you have full conversations with Granny and Paw Paw on the phone?

Since when did you become so aware of your friends? When asked, "Who do you love?" you promptly respond with "Uke (Luke), Teepee (Petey), Beuh (Bear)and Ayex (Alex)".

Since when did you learn to be proud of your accomplishments? When you finally do pee pee on the potty you give a big grin and, in a sing-song way you immediately say, "I pee-pee'd on the POT-TY!". You'll often learn a new way to play with a toy after being encouraged to try and then yelp, "I did IT!"

Since when does the doorbell ring and you run to answer it yelling, "Come in!"

Since when did you learn the names of your favorite TV characters?

Since when does 30 months feel like 30 minutes?

My sweet, sweet Evan. You're more and more a little boy, full of independence and eagerness to understand the world around you. You're so happy and full of life. You fill our days with laughter and amazement. There's not a day that goes by that I'm not struck with awe that we created you, this little being with his own mind and ideas and opinions and personality. You say and do things everyday that make daddy and me smile, laugh, and sometimes wonder "Where did he get that?" You are still a toddler, too. You shout, "NO, Mommy" more often that I'd like to hear it and you are all too familiar with time out and being sent to your room. I'll take the bad with all the good, though, because I can't imagine life without you.

You're two and a half now, buddy. I can't imagine you being funnier and smarter and more loving than you are right now but I know you have lots more in store for us. May you continue to grow and learn and be happy.


We love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

Our Family said...

So cute! Time goes by soooo fast, doesn't it? I loved reading this because I remember the days when you and Scott were still deciding if you wanted to have children. I am so glad you did and I am so happy that you are enjoying every minute of it:)