Monday, August 10, 2009

New Do

We all know I prefer short hair. I've decided many times through the years to "grow it out" but the minute it gets stuck in the collar of my shirt I renege. So, when I came across a 30% off coupon from the salon I went to before I moved, I decided to go short again.

I knew my old stylist was no longer there so I asked for someone who was great with short hair, highlights and cut well with a razor. The next week I was sitting in Lorenzo's chair. I showed him a picture of a rather boring, been there-done that, short bob but then started talking about layers and texture and having something "fun and easy". This must be where the communication failed. Granted, what he described to me sounded great and I was super-excited. However, what I left with was some seriously short hair; probably the shortest I've ever had.

Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome cut. He knew what he was doing...too bad I didn't! I went back a week later for highlights and watched him style it again. To hear Lorenzo tell it, I was styling it to be "too clean" hence the cut was losing its "sheek". Uh, ok. That's stylist talk for, "you're styling it to be a mommy cut when it's SO much cuter than that!" So, I took his tips and my new cut is finally growing on me, no pun intended. Hey, at least it's cool in this god-forsaken heat!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Cool Cut!

Melissa Beth said...

Nice highlights!

You go with your double-dipping the two 30% off coupons.

Glad it's growing on you.

:)

Our Family said...

I likes!!

Unknown said...

Love it!!! U can rock any do ):