Sunday, July 12, 2009

Deep In The Heart of Texas

...we actually made it!

We drove from Waco to San Antonio this morning, arriving around 11 am. We went straight to the house and unloaded a few things, ate lunch, and put Evan down for a nap. The poor guy napped almost three hours! While he napped Scott and I piddled around the house; I started cleaning window blinds (can I get a way-gross??) while he checked things out and put things away.

Melissa stopped by; it was SO GREAT to see her. We chatted until Evan woke up and then headed over to her house to play with Jack and Davis. Evan seemed happy to be among kids again. Scott met up with us later and we chowed on Bill Miller's with Melissa and Jeff while the kids caught up on Noggin.

We luckily got out of staying in temporary lodging on base (I say that just because it would have been quite a distance from the house) and I made reservations at yet another Marriott (we should have a free stay by now with Scott's points!!) for the next week as carpet is installed at the house. We left Melissa's at 7:45 and got to the hotel at 8:30! I got a bit turned around...give me a break, I haven't been here for 3 years!

Scott kindly kept his comments to himself and we unloaded what was left in our cars into our room. Evan was promptly put to bed and we then converted the room into "home".

No pictures today...but I'll be sure to update soon. We're happy to have safely arrived and are looking forward to an eventful couple of weeks ahead...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Welcome back to Texas! We can't wait to see you guys!

Erica M. said...

You must be so excited to be back! Not much longer for us.