Saturday, July 11, 2009

All The Way to Waco

We had every intention today of stopping in Dallas...but then we got there, it was still early, Evan was hanging in and so we decided to keep going. We made it all the way to Waco (about three hours north of San Antonio)!

It was a pretty uneventful day. We started about 8:30, stopped for a quick Sonic lunch in Texarkana and managed to sail through Dallas with no issues. We arrived at our hotel by 5 pm and promptly headed to Taco Cabana for dinner...so GOOD! We brought Evan to the pool for a quick swim before bedtime and he was sleeping tonight by 7:45! I cannot say enough how great he's been...I have been pleasantly surprised at how flexible he's been, even when his naps have been either very short or non-existent!

You can tell we're tired; pictures are fewer and blog posts shorter. We'll be happy to finally be settled but that likely won't happen for another couple of weeks. We'll be in another hotel next week as we wait for carpet to be installed and for our things to be delivered. After that it will be unpacking and settling in. It cannot happen soon enough...


Evan was not as happy as we were to cross the TX border...this is the best we could do!

2 comments:

Melissa Beth said...

Yippee! I went to your house today and ALL the carpet has been ripped up! Good to see progress, but wishing you were walking into a fresh, clean, newly carpeted home.

Oh well! Call us when you get to town! We can't wait to see you!

Our Family said...

I love to hear about your trip, I'm so glad your blogging about it. I am thinking of you guys and I know how fun yet challenging it can be! Can't wait to see the blogs that show you guys all set up in your house:) Hang in there!