I was so excited about Halloween this year. I had sweet visions of this first true trick-or-treating experience; Evan would run (more like a waddle in the monkey costume!) from house to house, hold out his little treat bag and smile with glee when it was filled with yummy goodies...
...My expectations may have been too high!
We started the evening at my neighbor's house where we joined all the other kids in the neighborhood for some fun and pizza before leaving for trick-or-treating. Evan had a great time running all around the yard in his costume (which, surprisingly, he didn't bother with too much!) and playing with the other kiddos.
We decided to walk to just a few houses for the "experience" and then call it a night. We loaded Evan into the stroller and away we went. I think it was at about house number two that I realized this was not the experience of my aforementioned visions. Evan just sat in his stroller wondering, I'm sure, why we were taking a walk in the dark, while I walked up to the house holding out his bag and saying "trick-or-treat" for candy. Knowing Evan wouldn't be eating any candy, it felt a little odd to be trick-or-treating for him! At that point we decided to return home to give out candy to all the other little ghosts and goblins.
So, even though Evan was obviously (to everyone but me!) too young to really understand or enjoy Halloween we had a great time dressing him up and watching him play with his little friends. I can't wait for next year when he really will enjoy the night!
1 comment:
I love the monkey costume! Is that from Old Navy? I bet he looked so cute waddling around:)
Post a Comment